An unheralded experience for ensemble training and performances. This summer learn from gypsy jazz impresarios Frank Vignola, Vinny Raniolo, Olli Soikkeli, Jason Anick and Nicki Parrott in Crested Butte, Colorado. Attend with your existing ensemble or join as an individual guitar, fiddle or bass player and our gurus will place you within an ensemble. The camp will include warm ups, plenty of jam time, rhythm guitar, improvisation, a specific workshop on the secrets and riffs of Django Reinhardt’s style, participant ensembles, and late-night jam sessions with performers.
Location: Crested Butte Community School & CBMF’s Mirror Palace.
The camp includes 5 days of ensemble instruction. Instrument specific group and individual lessons will also be available during the afternoon sessions. Private individual instrument lessons will be scheduled in 20 minute increments, and open to sign up during the week. Each camper will be provided with a materials packet comprised of 20 standard lead sheets and Dream Camp T-shirt!
- Includes 5 days of ensemble instruction.
- Group individual instrument instruction.
- Private individual instrument instruction (sign up required)
- 3 lunch gigs in local establishments with your ensemble.
- 5 open mic jams for ensembles in the Mirror Palace.
- Camp Performance featuring a performance from each of the ensembles
Housing & food are not included.
- Early Bird Pricing - $770 (before February 1, 2017)
- Standard Pricing - $800
- 9:30 am -10:15 am Daily warm ups and repertoire review
- 10:30 am -11:15 am Q/A sessions with instructors
- 12:00 pm- 1:00 pm Ensemble Gigs in local establishments
- 2:00pm - 3:00 pm Ensemble instruction and jamming with instrument specific group and individual lessons available
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Ensemble instruction and jamming with instrument specific group and individual lessons available
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm Ensemble Open mic Jam in the Mirror Palace
*Subject to change
The Dream Camp is a camp for intermediate to advanced instrumentalists who want to focus on ensemble play and practice performing in front of audiences. Individuals or already formed ensembles are welcome. Individuals attending the camp will be placed in ensembles by instructors in advance of the camp.
Each ensemble will be comprised of 3 guitarists, 1 violinist, and a bassist. Spots for each instrument are available as follows: 30 guitar, 10 violin and 10 bass. Bass to be provided by Camp or bring your own electric bass. After all spots by instrument have been filled a wait list will be held for openings.
- Beginner: New to jazz or struggling to play through songs? This level is perfect for you. We offer beginning classes to get you up and running playing jazz songs. (Prerequisite is knowledge and ability to play a Major 7, a Minor 7th and a Dominant 7th chord)
- Intermediate: I am able to play 20-50 Songs. I can play through songs but struggle with improvisation or chord substitution.
- Advanced: I can play over 50 songs. I am able to play through songs and improvise freely through chord changes.